EG Healthcare strives to provide health care and support to you and your family at all times, especially when it involves a senior sick and potentially immunocompromised patient. We understand the risk involved in exposing our patients to potentially dangerous viruses and pathogens, which is why we developed our Elder Care House Calls. We thought about our parents and how they dedicated their lives to us and created our home health care approach to return the favor.
We feel that medical care begins with a real relationship between healthcare providers, doctors or specialists, and their patients.
Every individual should have access to high quality and trustworthy care with control over their daily schedule and specialized care services in the comfort of their own home.
In short, we bring the approach of “treatment with the kindness you deserve” to the comfort of the senior patient’s home.
What is a sick house call?
A sick house call is similar to a doctor’s office visit; however, it is provided by a visiting Nurse Practitioner that specializes in adult and geriatric medicine in a patient’s home. We are doing our part to bring back the house calls that are only seen in the movies.
What are the benefits of in-house sick visits?
The advantages of in-house sick visits include:
- Comprehensive care that takes into account your surroundings, age, and healthcare needs.
- Providing easy access to routine care
- Providing care in the comfort of your home
- The safest option for senior or immunocompromised patients
How does it work?
EG Healthcare offers house medical visits for wound care, fever, rashes, and eye and ear conditions to support your ongoing continuity of care.
How do we get started
Follow these steps to book a house call in Staten Island:
- Contact us on (718) 698-6700 or via our appointment page
- A qualified and experienced medical professional will schedule a time for your visit and arrange a consultation.
- During the appointment, our medical professionals can create orders for an ongoing medical treatment plan (all in the comfort of your own home) that meets your needs.
Check If We Cover Your Area
EG Healthcare can provide senior and elderly residents of Staten Island the same care they would receive in a doctor’s office in the comfort of their own homes.
What can be treated in a sick visit call?
For sick visits, we can treat, among other conditions:
- Urinary tract infections (UTI)s
- Upper respiratory infections (URI)
- Wound care
- Foley catheter management
- Eye and ear conditions
Why EG Healthcare?
- We believe in taking the time to get to know our patients and building lasting relationships
- We focus on providing the highest level of care for all of our medical patients
- We work with access to top-quality diagnostic testing, lab testing, and screening in your own home
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can you provide care for someone who has tested positive for COVID-19?
This is decided on a case by case basis, contact us if you have any specific question or to discuss further.
Do you do in home COVID-19 testing?
Yes we provide in-home COVID-19 testing for seniors.
What ages do you treat?
This service is for senior patients 65+, typically with chronic medical conditions.
What wound care services do you provide?
You can expect our providers to perform a full skin assessment and determine the proper treatment for different types of skin conditions including rashes, abscess, vascular or diabetic ulcers and pressure ulcers.