Remember when doctors made house calls? We are bringing back an even better version! Our Nurse Practitioners who specialize in Adult and Geriatrics will take care of your loved ones in the comfort of their home
Here at EG Healthcare, we want to bring them back for seniors on Staten Island. That’s why we are doing something about it. We feel that our own parents, along with the aging population, deserve better. They deserve the EG Healthcare signature care with the kindness they deserve. We developed the EG Healthcare Home Visits for Seniors because we felt that, for seniors, sometimes the office visit can be difficult and can unnecessarily expose patients to potentially dangerous infections. This is why, at EG Healthcare, we offer our aging Staten Island patients medical house calls.
EG Healthcare’s medical house calls provide patients with medical treatment, the same as in a doctor’s office, in the comfort of their own home. Our house call medical services specialize in primary care, well visits, sick visits, palliative care, and chronic disease management.
According to the National Council on Aging, approximately 80% of older adults have at least one chronic disease, and 77% have at least two. Four chronic diseases—heart disease, cancer, stroke, and diabetes—cause almost two-thirds of all deaths each year (source).National Council on Aging (Source)
Let EG Healthcare show you how our house call medical services can meet your needs for affordability, convenience, and comprehensive care.
What is a Medical House Call?
A house call is similar to a doctor’s office visit; however, in this case, it is provided by a nurse practitioner in a patient’s home.
What are the advantages of in-house medical care?
The advantages of medical care in the comfort of your own home include that:
- It is the safest option for seniors or immunocompromised patients.
- It is less hurried, more personal, and better care
- It provides easy access to routine care
- It happens in the comfort of your home
How Home Visits for Seniors Work
EG Healthcare offers house medical visits for primary care, well visits, sick visits, chronic disease management, and palliative care to support your ongoing continuity of care.
How to get started
Follow these steps to book a house call in Staten Island:
- Contact us on (718) 698-6700 or via our appointment page
- A qualified and experienced medical professional will schedule a time for your visit and arrange a consultation.
- During the appointment, our medical professionals can create orders for an ongoing medical treatment plan (all in the comfort of your own home) that meets your needs.
EG Healthcare can provide senior residents of Staten Island the same care they would receive in a doctor’s office in the comfort of their own homes.
What do we treat?
We provide primary care, well visits, sick visits, palliative care, and chronic disease management in addition to creating orders for physical therapy, speech therapy, occupational therapy, dietician and nutrition, podiatry, optometry, and more.
Why EG Healthcare?
- We believe in taking the time to get to know our patients and building lasting relationships
- We focus on providing the highest level of care for all of our medical patients
- We work with access to top-quality diagnostic testing, lab testing, and screening in your own home.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What medical illnesses do you treat or check? What types of services can you provide?
For Primary Care, we can, among many other things:
- Administer vaccinations
- Provide preventative care such as screenings
- Check the patient’s vital signs
- Give a head to toe examination
- Handle bloodwork
- Provide an electrocardiogram (EKG),
- Administer an eye exam
- Perform cerumen removal
- Depression screening
- Tobacco screening
- Nutrition assessment & counseling
- Provide a fall risk assessment,
- Cognitive assessment (mini-mental exam)
We can also assist with Activity of Daily Living (ADL), assistive device ordering, including canes, wheelchairs, walkers, and hospital beds.
For sick visits, we can treat, among other conditions:
- Urinary tract infections (UTI)s
- Upper respiratory infections (URI)
- Wound care
- Foley catheter management
- Eye and ear conditions
For palliative care, we can treat and assist with:
- Pain management
- Advanced Directive/MOLST Form. Including reviewing with family and patient if they have the capacity. We can help navigate and understand advance directives, including cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and do-not-resuscitate orders (DNR)
- Provide hospice and end of life care
- Help to review a living will
Help treat chronic diseases, such as:
- Cardiac diseases including
- Congestive heart failure
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Peripheral vascular disease
- Pulmonary diseases and conditions, such as:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Oxygen-dependent conditions
- Chronic bronchitis
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- Thyroid issues
- Musculoskeletal disorders, including:
- Cerebrovascular accident (CVA or stroke)
- Alzheimer’s disease (dementia)
- Skincare, including wound management
Who will my provider be?
EG Healthcare’s Home Visit for Senior’s providers are Adult-Gerontology Nurse Practitioners. An AGNP is an advanced practice nurse with a professional focus on adults through seniors. In addition to their certification as a registered nurse, an advanced practice nurse has a master’s degree, a post master’s certificate, or a practice-focused doctor of nursing practice degree.
To become an AGNP, an individual must enroll in either a master’s or doctoral program at an accredited institution. These institutions may have specific tracks and specializations, including acute care and primary care.
A Nurse Practitioner can:
- Diagnose and treat acute conditions
- Order diagnostic tests including x-rays and lab work
- Manage a patient’s overall care as a primary care provider
- Write prescriptions
How will a home consultation look like?
Our Nurse Practitioner will arrive at the scheduled time, and they will ask some questions to get to know you better. After getting to know you better, the Nurse Practitioner will conduct the necessary physical exam and, if required, order any needed labs or imaging and prescribe medications. They will then discuss any next steps and schedule follow-up appointments with the nurse practitioner or write orders for any necessary therapies.
Will my parent have the same Nurse Practitioner every time?
We will try to send the same Nurse Practitioner every time, but we cannot guarantee this; it is highly dependant on scheduling.
Are all insurance types accepted?
The patient must have insurance, in order to discuss any questions please feel free to contact us.